Why You Should Exfoliate + A Simple Way To Start
Exfoliation is the removal of dry/dead skin cells on the surface of the skin and is one of the most important aspects of your home skincare routine for face and body. It not only helps many skin problems, it also increases blood circulation, which in turn helps you achieve optimal glowing skin. From products that scrub with salts to body conditioners with sugars. Salux cloths, dry brushes, and more - there are just so many ways to exfoliate it can become a little overwhelming.
If you don’t have time for that, no worries, we have a shortcut that can increase the softness and glow of your skin and it fits effortlessly into your current shower routine.
- Buffing dead skin away will keep your pores from clogging
- Exfoliating speeds up your skins renewal process and helps your moisturizer penetrate into the skin deeper
- The removal of dead skin cells helps with skin discoloration (uneven tone)
- If performed regularly leads to visibly brighter skin and it keeps fine lines and wrinkles in check
- Our favorite exfoliating gloves can be found here
During your next shower put on the gloves, and allow your skin to soften a little from the water. Apply a generous amount of moisturizing soap into the gloves and start scrubbing in a circular motion (gently). Focus on these areas, your arms, legs, chest, feet, and butt. This process can also help decrease cellulite and stretch mark visibility. You’ll find your skin noticeably softer, just be sure to apply an oil to your skin while it is damp to protect those new skin cells and retain moisture. Repeat every 3-4 days.
What's your favorite way to exfoliate?
*the links in this post are affiliate links.